Monday, November 12, 2012

'Intro to Blogging'

Well I guess it's about time.


I've put off blogging until three weeks before the birth of our first child. I know the protocol is to start blogging when you get married, but I've always thought of myself as being a little edgy. Hah. 

I never took 'Intro to Blogging' (what was my college education good for?!) so I'm not sure what this first post should really be about. I guess I'll give a quick synopsis of our life up to now.

Kyle and I have been married about a year and a half (don't do the math about our baby and get all judgey on us) and I really can say it's been the happiest time of my life. We lived in Provo for another year and finished off school before spending an amazing summer in Coeur d'Alene, Idaho and then relocating to Memphis, Tennessee. 

We've been here in Mississippi, just over the border from Memphis, for almost three months and it's really been quite pleasant so far. We've seen our fair share of crazy Memphibians and have yet to have our fair share of BBQ food but I think we've both been growing a lot in this strange new land. 

Kyle is busy busy busy with Optometry school. I see him sparingly but love him lots. He's really succeeding in school, which is no surprise, and actually enjoying the material. I'm very glad that we haven't had the "Honey, I hate my career. We just wasted $30k" talk. 


I am trying to stay busy learning how to do new things and take care of grown-up stuff like buying our house.  We are closing annnny day now on our beautiful 3 bedroom home. We really love it and think it's just perfect for our new little family. Yes, the buying process has been a bit of a nightmare but I'm confident it will all work out. 

We found out we were expecting just a few weeks before BYU graduation and it's been an exciting few months preparing for this huge life-changing event. We can't wait to meet our little boy. I'm 37 weeks along so it could be any day now. I woke up a couple nights ago and thought, "Wow, I can breathe. This is strange..." Then I stood up and realized I had 'dropped'. My little pregnant belly is not so perky anymore. So, although my belly is sagging, my oxygen levels are up and I'd say it's worth it. 

I've been lucky to have such an easy pregnancy. I really can't complain much. I don't have the typical swollen feet or stretch marks (yet) and I really feel pretty good. I got frustrated trying to play tennis with Kyle on Saturday because I just couldn't juke like I used to. Sigh. But really that's to be expected when you're carrying 25 new pounds in your mid-section and your joints are stretching like rubber-bands. 

I guess that about covers the generals! I promise my future posts will be more entertaining and exciting. I'm new at this, ok?

Love,

Emily, Kyle, and our little Stott Tot











4 comments:

  1. Yay for blogs! message me your e-mail address and i can invite you to mine! Can't wait for the "He's Here!" baby post! good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name of your blog. Very creative. Just thinking...maybe Kyle should find a different tennis partner until after the baby is born for obvious reasons. Welcome to the blogging world. You will like it. I know I do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it wouldn't be long before you took the blogging plunge... I'm happy that you did though! Our family doesn't do Facebook anymore, so you'll have to take pictures of your cute belly, & of your little tots nursery so I can see them. Welcome to the wonderful world of blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  4. About time!Excited to follow the Stott's life!

    ReplyDelete